[Update] Dan's first book in the John Cleaver Omnibus has been adapted to film and picked up for national distribution! Join us in congratulating Dan!
New York Times bestseller Dan Wells burst into the Horror scene back in 2010 with his debut novel, I Am Not a Serial Killer. The novel introduced readers to John Cleaver, a teenager who knows he has all the tendencies of becoming a serial killer. The first trilogy continued with the novels, Mr. Monster, then I Don't Want to Kill You. Though he later went on to write the YA Dystopian Partials series, and the YA Cyberpunk Mirador series, his John Cleaver novels remain our favorites here at Vault Books.
Because of how much we love these novels, we are thrilled to announce we will be producing a Limited Edition Omnibus of the first three John Cleaver novels. In addition to all the content of the novels, all in one, hardback, leatherbound edition, the John Cleaver Omnibus will contain an all new short story set after the events of the first trilogy. This will be the only place to get this full collection in one volume.
The Clayton Killer, John Cleaver Omnibus: Vol 1 contains the first three John Cleaver novels; I Am Not a Serial Killer, Mr. Monster, and I Don’t Want to Kill You. These novels, written by NYT Bestselling Author, and Hugo Award Winner, Dan Wells, introduced readers for the first time to John Wayne Cleaver.
John Cleaver is your typical teenager, living in a small, American town. Of course, he also has all the tendencies and markers of becoming a serial killer. He is obsessed by serial killers, yet doesn’t want to become one, and so he lives by a set of very strict rules to prevent himself from doing anything…bad.
All of this changes when he realizes a killer is in his town, and that this killer isn’t of the “natural” variety. These events are played out in Wells’ debut novel, I Am Not a Serial Killer. Events continue to become darker and darker as readers continue through the series in Mr. Monster, then I Don’t Want to Kill You, as John is confronted with ancient monsters beyond imagining.
I Am Not a Serial Killer is gripping tale of horror and youth that was recently adapted into a movie starring Max Records and Christopher Lloyd.
All editions will have the following in common:
- The only volume featuring the complete collection of the first three John Cleaver novels:
- I Am Not a Serial Killer
- Mr. Monster
- I Don’t Want to Kill You
- Includes a brand new, original short story set following the events of I Don’t Want to Kill You, but before the events of the start of the second John Cleaver trilogy, The Devil’s Only Friend. This omnibus will be the only place to get this short story in print.
- A new Author’s Foreword
- An in-depth interview with author, Dan Wells
- Will contain 8 full-color illustrations by renowned artist Daniele Serra
- Printed on 60# acid-free paper
- Bound in Leather
- Smyth sewn for durability
- Foil stamping on the front boards and spine
- Personally signed, and hand-numbered
- Limited to up to 224 copies.
- It will be housed in a custom slipcase.
- Personally signed, and hand-lettered
- Limited to up to 26 copies
- Housed in a custom, high-end traycase
- This volume will contain a 9th additional piece of art exclusive to this edition.